Thursday, April 17, 2008

moving day....at long last.

wow...it's 1115pm and i'm dying to crawl into bed.

but my internet gets disconnected tomorrow and i may have nightmares over it :)
WHAT WILL I DO??!

needless to say -- today/tomorrow (depending on when you read this) is moving day.
friday, april 18th = first night in my first house.

wow, i stood in the garage today, looking around at the CHAOS that is my garage (we're ALMOST moved in, but ALL of our possessions are in a garage right now ) and was tempted to feel panic rise up inside of me -- but then it hit me. for the first time. ever. "this is OUR house."

it sounds funny to think i'm just NOW finally growing to appreciate it all.
i mean -- it's been a pretty insane few months, with a NON STOP list of things to just DO DO DO. and if i just stand still long enough (away from my computer and contractors)...i'm in awe that = HERE WE ARE!

so, it's strange going to bed tonight, for the last time, in my first home i shared as a newlywed.
if i stop and think too long -- i may cry.
my first month of marriage ....
my first dog....
my first and second wedding anniversary....
my first job as a Mrs....
my fertility treatments...
my 20000 negative pregnancy tests....
my first positive one....
my first married Christmas...
my first time entertaining the in-laws....
sitting at this very desk, learning that chad passed the level II CFA, after 5 years of NOT passing....

but then again...since no two days of our lives are ever the same....we are constantly and permanently living out "firsts."

every day seems to contain a first for something....some days moreso than others!!!

i look around and realize that ...within these walls of this rented apartment....i became a new person. i moved in as totally different person, than i am, moving out.....

then again -- i get all sappy when i sell a car.

but homes are so full of memories....and as i hand over my key tomorrow and pack up my photographs and walk out tomorrow....i do so with so MUCH excitement and expectation to all the memories that will be built in my new home. our FIRST house.

weird.
so this is my last "capitol hill" post....sitting at my desk, looking over the front street, surrounded by boxes and piles and papers....
in about 8 hours, the movers arrive and my computer shuts down....and more craziness ensues....

i promise to post pics soon!!!
...whenever i'm back online!!!

4 comments:

Julie Nickerson said...

SOOOOOOOO Excited for you two!!!!

YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!!

You're going to be a VA GIRL NOW!!!

See you and mini puff this weekend.

ckuretich said...

what a happy, lovely, enjoyable post. you have much much MUCH to be thankful for, and I'm glad you got the opportunity to sit still amidst the chaos and reflect on it all!!! So important. congratulations. :)

Anonymous said...

seriously, this made me get choked up. i am THE SAME. i mean, for crying out loud, i got sad when i left the dorms. i got sad when i left my beater of a car in virginia. i am the same. but, man......a house surely holds a lot of memory. savor it. remember it. and look forward to what is next!! i am SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

meet joelle said...

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
hugs, hugs and more hugs