Tuesday, October 6, 2009

best $7 i ever spent....

so if you've known me for any amount of time -- you recognize my love/hate for cooking.
and it usually stems from the fact that, well...who knows, really.

i love the romantic notion of wearing aprons and having a house that smells of delicious food.

and but the notion never translates into reality.
there's the recipe search.
there's the traveling husband. (never know when we're having dinner together!)
there's the grocery shopping. (second on my list of Leave Favorite Activities, right behind the oral surgeon's office)
there's the actual prep.
and then there's clean up.

i'm sorry, but sushi will always win, when compared to the above.
it's $4 a roll and it's not messy at all and it makes my belly happy.
WHY COOK!?

with that said, i've stumbled across the most amazing website ever.
Relish Meal Planning may be my lifesaver.
every week, they email you with 15 new recipes.
you choose 5 + 1 dessert.
you click, PROCESS....and it sends you the grocery list for those 5 recipes!!!!?

so rather than sitting at my computer for an hour, drudging through dinner recipes and sides, printing them out, and them condensing those recipes into ONE MASTER LIST....this site does it for you.

no more searching for recipes.
no more pulling it all together.
i took my Relish grocery list, ordered the groceries online...and had everything delivered to my house 24 hours later.

did i mention all the recipes line up with whatever season of the year it is?
so this week's included lots of apples and pumpkins! LOVES.

i can't say enough about it.
and yesterday i made the chili recipe/cornbread that i chose...and it was delicious!!!

i highly recommend! it's $7/month.
i think it may save my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it all organic? Do they do diabetic recipes? Mom

Emily said...

OMG I love this!!! Perfect timing, too - I was just laboring over what to put on the menu this week. I signed up (and referred you - hopefully you get a perk!) and already selected my 5 dinners. Thanks for sharing!!!