Thursday, July 2, 2009

i'm alive....


(being wheeled into recovery after surgery...)

vital details:

1) no endometriosis (!!)
2) no detrimental c-section scar tissue
3) no noteworthy causes of pain

overall, today was a rather calm experience and prayers were answered! i was home by 3pm and laying comfortably on the couch. i will say that it was a VERY vivid reminder of what a c-section is like. anticipating pain when using abdominal muscles and just alotta deja vu in that department. those memories came flooding back and i remember thinking, "yep! it's still pretty fresh in my mind!"

the staff was wonderful and hello (!), the hospital gowns plug into the wall and automatically WARM UP!? that's why i look slightly like the michelin man -- i was full of warm air!

off to bed but just wanted to briefly update the world of this great news....
toodles!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Glad everything went so well! Hope you heal quickly! Call if you need anything.

ckuretich said...

I still can't believe you had the Bear Paws...too funny! glad someone thought to take a picture of you... :) send me those pics of your insides!

Nikki said...

yay so glad everything went well... i sent you a text early in the morning just to give you some well wishes! love you!

meet joelle said...

so glad it went smoothly. it's about time something went smoothly 'eh??? :):):):)

Julie Nickerson said...

That pictures is killing me!!!

So glad it seems like a successful surgery and you are doing so great.

We just got back from the beach late last night so let me know if you want me to take Isaac sometime. I know Abel would love to tackle, I mean, play with him. :)

Anonymous said...

Wandered over here from Stirrup Queens' blogroll and I wanted to say congrats--I'm so glad this went well, and especially for your baby! I have PCOS myself, and though we haven't actively started trying, we will one day, and this gives me hope!

- Molly
http://roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, time for a new blog!!! :) I love you, Mom

chrissy said...

when i had my surgery the month before the wedding, they didn't have electric blankets but handed me one that was fresh outta the drier and it was nice and hot! it was so comforting!!!